Monday, July 14, 2014

Vendor Interview- Pomme Pomme

 
 
1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?
Hi! I'm Fae, and I live in Kentucky with my husband, numerous animals and sewing machines. 

2. What do you make for Blythe?
I primarily make clothing and accessories inspired by "Mori Girl" style. I originally made mostly 1950s-60s style clothing, but my sewing has changed along with my own personal tastes.
3. Where can we find your creations?
My website is http://pomme-pomme.com, and you can find me on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/shop/pommepomme



4. What are your main influences?
Japanese street fashion, vintage clothing, folk costume, fairy tales, nature, and the fabrics and trims themselves.

5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?
I first saw Blythe on a craft blog ten years ago. I didn't think too much of her at the time, but the idea that people were customizing the dolls intrigued me (even if it's nothing compared to what we do now!), and I kept visiting the TIB forum. One day, I saw a little pink-haired girl, and suddenly, Blythe was the cutest thing in the world and I had. to. have. one. I've been sewing for as long as I can remember, so, naturally, I started making Blythe clothes right away!

6. Do you collect anything else?
Does fabric count? :) I have a small Monster High collection, and have plenty of other oddball dolls. Vintage ephemera, hankies, photos, postcards, and oddities. Although I'm trying to keep my packratting in check these days.

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?
I dress up like a pirate on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment