Thursday, July 17, 2014

Vendor Interview- Mismatchfusion


1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?

My name is Deeya Loram and I live in an area of Los Angeles called Altadena.  It is on a hillside and was a farming community long ago so it has lots of old trees and houses and reminds me a bit of my hometown, Berkeley, CA., which I miss.  By day I work my fourth job in the entertainment industry as first aid for film and television and by night I have to go to sleep way too early because I get up at 4:20 for work!


2. What do you make for Blythe?

Sometimes I am able to steal a few minutes on the job to hand sew gaucho pants, shorts, kawaii dresses, as well as knit scarves.

3. Where can we find your creations?

You can find me on Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/22283709@N05/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/mismatchfusion


image

mismatchfusion
Thank you for stopping by my shop of hand sewn and knit clothing for your Blythe! Please let me know if you are interested in a custom order or

Preview by Yahoo



and Facebook:


https://www.facebook.com/mismatchfusion


4. What are your main influences?

I have been lucky to have lived in many places in the world, all of which have informed and inspired my life and my art.  An example is that I did two home stays in Japan; one for a summer in high school, and one for a year after high school, so I have a great love for many things Japanese.



5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?

I have been skirting the doll world for many years though ironically I did not like many dolls as a child- only trolls and horses.  My Mom taught me how to sew when I was a little kid- the first thing I really remember was her making the Australian literary characters, Snugglepot and Cuddlepie, out of stockings.  I made ceramic and cloth kachina like dolls in college with animal heads.  I really got interested in Blythe when I saw Dr. Blythenstein's Faux Bois, I.G. Sirenita's calavera girls, and work by other amazing customizers.  The artistic potential of Blythe dolls is an amazing and ever changing world.

6. Do you collect anything else?

I have so many mini collections that I am not sure where to start but perhaps my love of Re-ment is a good place.  (I was very happy to find that Blythe was 1/6 scale and fit my Re-ment!)  I also have Native American animal spirit totems, chocolate bar wrappers, and a huge amount of wine corks even though I don't drink.  I was going to do my kitchen floor in corks!!


7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?

My pop raised us up on the gas tank of an old BMW R50/2 motorcycle and gave us riding lessons on it on the old dump road by The Bay.  A few years back I restored my own 1967 R50/2 (with a bit of help from my friends :)  At a classic vehicle show I got tropies for Best Girl Owned Motorcycle and Best Motorcycle.  My older brother has my bike now and I will always miss it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet you! You are fabulous and your trousers rock!:)

    ReplyDelete