Thursday, June 26, 2014

Vendor Interview- Fishknees



1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?

Hello! I am Karin Edwards, though I am more recognized as fishknees.
I grew up in Kansas City, Missouri but relocated to Portland, Oregon a few years ago. Best. Decision. Ever.

2. What do you make for Blythe?

I sew tiny clothing creations for Neo and Middie Blythes and sometimes dabble with other dollies. I like using bright colors, mixed prints, beading, and sequins.

3. Where can we find your creations?

I have an etsy shop...www.fishknees.etsy.com.
..and I share on Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.


4. What are your main influences?

EVERYTHING! Ha! Ummmm...color, print, texture...these are what speak to me!

5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?

I stumbled upon her completely by accident!
Back in the myspace days I had a bjd background and noticed a logo for Dollmore.com so went hunting for answers...what was this doll?
After looking at many beautiful dollies I found an Ashton Drake red head on their site, ordered her, and fell in love! I haven't looked back since! That was 2006!

6. Do you collect anything else?

I have lots of toys...Lego, Playmobil, Fisher Price people...I like tiny, cute peoples.
I also have a fair amount of original art and prints to make my home a happy place!

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?

I am obsessed with true crime stories! We call them "murder shows". Haha! I spend way too much time watching/listening to the ID network while I work! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment