Saturday, May 17, 2014

Vendor Interview- Glamourfae




1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?
I am Rebecca, aka glamourfae, and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. 
2. What do you make for Blythe?
I make Blythe accessories, mostly headbands, coronets, and necklaces.  I like to use high quality beads (Swarovski crystals, Czech glass, etc) to make my creations and I think this is one of the things that really sets them apart.  I began making my signature headbands in 2007 and am thrilled that people still enjoy buying them.  I also crochet and knit for Blythe but beading is my main passion! 


3. Where can we find your creations?



4. What are your main influences?
Victorian era, fairy tales, history, whimsy, mori style, kawaii, kitschy, mod.  I have a really eclectic mix of influences and love to create jewelry for a specific "look".  When I collaborated with Romina of I Have Wings it was heavily influenced by Victorian and mori so I chose beads in natural colors such as browns, ambers, deep greens, peach.  When I collaborate with Shershe I try to match her whimsical dresses with fun, bright colors and choose beads that are pastel and candy colored.  When I am creating just for my brand, I like to chose specific models and outfits that match the style of headband I've created, all of which can encompass my main influences. Lately I have been obsessed with a more "royal" fantasy look and make jewelry that could be in the realm of Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, or Tudor England.

5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?
In 2005 I was in a bookstore and saw Gina Garan's postcard set of Blythe photographs.  I was really intrigued by her big eyes and unique look.  I bought the set and immediately began researching them on the internet.  It was only a few months later that I purchased my first Blythe (Mademoiselle Rosebud) and the rest is history! 

6. Do you collect anything else?
Yes, I collect retro robots, Monster High dolls, vinyl toys, and an ungodly amount of craft supplies that I will never be able to use up in my lifetime.

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?
When I was about 8 years old I had an unnatural fear of being abducted by aliens. It gave me constant insomnia, I would stare at the window at night thinking I saw aliens watching me, I would look for UFOs in the sky while riding in the car, and any bright lights coming into my window (i.e. headlights on a car) would send me into a panic! My Dad let me watch Fire in the Sky and I suspect this is where it came from. So, thanks Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment