Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vendor Interview, Soul's Fire Designs

1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?
My name is Jennifer, though you all likely know me better as Soul's Fire Designs.  I live in Salem, Oregon :)

2. What do you make for Blythe?
I make Blythe accessories!  Pulls, pull kits, necklaces, earrings, tiaras, and circlets, things like that.



3. Where can we find your creations?
You can purchase my creations on Etsy at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoulsFireDesigns
And you can see what I'm up to in a few other places: 

4. What are your main influences?
My main influences are.. hm, that's difficult.  I am greatly influenced by what I read, what I watch, and what I listen to.  Helpful, right?  All those things vary, I'm really eclectic in my tastes, but I'd say that the realm of fairytales is probably the top influence on what I create.

5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?
I first was introduced to Blythe on Instagram actually, something like two years ago.  I was wandering around looking at pictures and found someone with pictures of Blythe.  At first she struck me as utterly bizarre, but I couldn't stop coming back to look at her!  A month or so later I bought my first Blythe, Stella, my Very Vicky.  My husband calls her my mini me.

6. Do you collect anything else?
I collect Mab Graves cards, which I frame and put on the wall, and her prints when I can get them.  Someday I'd love to own one of her paintings! She's one of the most amazing people I've ever "met" online and I think she's just wonderful and it shows in her art :)

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?
Um... I have a degree in English with a Medieval minor (only three credits away from a double major, darnit!) and took an entire year of Old English.  (And loved every minute :) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment