Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vendor Interview- Puppy52

 


 
1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?

Herro, I am Chun/puppy52, I'm a Singaporean Chinese currently living in Vancouver, Canada with my Husband and our two cats :D

2. What do you make for Blythe?

I enjoy making casual and girly clothing for Blythes, I love cute things and I hope the things I make are cute!
Some of my popular items were baby dol bib dresses, I get requested time to time thanks to some returning customers refering others to me (thank you!)
Blythe size Jeans which I am revisiting to bring back to Blythe Con Seattle :) 

3. Where can we find your creations?

I don't sell Blythe clothing as often as before, but my most of my work can be viewed via my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppy52
and my website: http://puppy52dolls.com, twitter: puppy52, instagram: puppychun You can contact me for my e-mail and we can discuss in detail if I have time to re-make something. :)
 
 

4. What are your main influences?

I think I am influenced by actual human fashion, things which I think looks good and also clothing made by my fellow Blythe seamstresses - adding a touch of my own twist.
I like clean lines, well fitted outfits but that sometimes can mean my sewing need some wiggling to put onto the doll ^o^;

5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?

I first came across blythe on a friend's xanga, the first couple images I saw was of an open head blythe! Imagine the horror I felt lol!
But eventually I saw that Blythe was a muse for my friends, and for many others around the world, and I was hooked before I know it!
I started making clothes for my first Blythe, after lots of trial and error I got to where I am.

6. Do you collect anything else?

I currently am collecting 60 cm Dollfie dream, by Volks Japan and just started a new obsession with Smart Doll (manual version) I make clothing for them more frequently.
I have a few other type of dolls which unfortunately I don't have time to create for. Also fabric, lots of fabric ^^;;;; I especially LOVE Japanese fabric with cute prints. But I have tried to slow down my purchases in recent years.

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?

I have been drawing illustrations since my teens and have an art page http://puppy52art.com, I currently draw a running weekly comic strips heavily inspired by our cats for a Singapore chinese daily papers, and translate it to english on ginkoyoshi.com One more tibit: Despite the "puppy" in my usernames, I love cats, very very much :P
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment