Sunday, March 23, 2014

Vendor Interview- Shershe

1. Introduce yourself, who are you and where do you live?

My name is Sherri.  I live in a tiny town in Indiana with my husband, our two pugs and a cockatiel named Butters. 

2. What do you make for Blythe?
I create knits for Blythe, and am probably best known for my signature pompom dresses.  I also do saran reroots for Blythe, but not as much since I discovered knitting.  Knitting has become my main focus and creative outlet in the hobby.


3. Where can we find your creations?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shershe/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/shershe


4. What are your main influences?
I am inspired by so many things...music, movies, art, food.



5. How did you get started with Blythe dolls?
The first blythe I saw was a kenner that was in a box full of dolls my grandmother had me sell for her on ebay.  I loved it and wanted to keep it, but it was worth a lot and she needed the money.  In 2003, I discovered Takara Blythes and bought my first, a Pow Wow Poncho.  My love for Blythe continued to grow from there.


6. Do you collect anything else?
I love vintage dolls, especially licca and tiny bisques. I also have various ball joint dolls.  I have a lot of yarn, some I confess I may never knit with...I just love the way it looks on the skein.

7. What's one interesting fact we may not know about you?
As a little girl, I believed my dolls and stuffed animals had feelings...and a part of me still believes.


No comments:

Post a Comment